Mobility for Independence
All Abilities provides service coordination for people with disabilities. For one individual, the installation of an overhead lift system in their bedroom helped to make daily living activities easier.
All Abilities Service Coordinator played an important role during the home modification process by helping the participant and family determine needs, obtain funding, and helped to select equipment and manage installation. The participant can now independently move safely throughout the home limiting the need of help from staff and family. All Abilities also helped the participant with van modifications for easier wheel chair access..
Thanks to the coordination of services provided by All Abilities, for this participant, life is now more accessible!
All Abilities, Inc. Receives National Accreditation
All Abilities, Inc. has been awarded a two-year Accreditation of Case Management for Long-Term Services and Supports by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
The NCQA accreditation demonstrates that an organization is dedicated to coordinating the delivery of care in a person-centered and integrated manner to help individuals function optimally in their preferred setting.
To earn recognition, All Abilities met the requirements across eight standards and their corresponding elements. The standards examine:
- Program Description – Use of up-to-date evidence-based information to develop case management program.
- Assessment Process – Systematic assessment of the population served and established process for conducting comprehensive assessments
- Person-Centered Care Planning and Monitoring – Processes established for developing individualized care plans that incorporate personal preference, prioritized goals and self-management plans and monitor progress against those
- Care Transitions – Processes for managing transitions, identifying problems that could cause unplanned care transitions and, when possible, preventing unplanned transitions
- Measurement and Quality Improvement – Measurement and work to improve participant experience, program effectiveness and active participation rates
- Staffing, Training and Verification – Defined staffing needs, verified staff credentials and provides ongoing training and oversight
- Rights and Responsibilities – Communicates the rights and responsibilities of participants in a case management program
- Delegation – Documents and monitors functions performed for a client by other organizations
Who is eligible for service?
The eligibility guidelines for services indicate an individual must be a resident of Pennsylvania and an adult 18 years or older.
All Abilities provides service coordination for individuals who are:
- physically disabled or with a severe developmental physical disability
- resides in the community or a Nursing Facility
- require care in three or more major life activities including self-care, understanding and use of language, learning, mobility, self-direction and Independent Living.
Individuals must also meet financial eligibility requirements.